“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
No mold removal is 100% effective. Mold is a naturally-occurring fungus, and mold spores are all around us. Dangerous conditions arise when mold grows at excessive rates and concentrates in one area. Even a professional cleaning service like SERVPRO of Denver West will not be able to remove every single spore, but we can mitigate the problem to virtually undetectable levels.
"Mold remediation" is a more accurate term to describe our services. We understand the science behind mold growth, and although we concede that we cannot completely remove every spore, we pride ourselves on returning mold-infested homes and businesses back to their original condition.
As a full-service cleanup and restoration provider, SERVPRO of Denver West not only will resolve mold issues, but our professional cleaning services will restore any dirtied or damaged personal items as a result of mold.
Mold is a dangerous substance that requires special equipment and chemicals to remove safely. Do not attempt to remove or clean mold yourself as this could lead to health effects. Rather, it's best to call SERVPRO of Denver West mold remediation experts at the first sign of a mold problem.
Although Colorado's uniquely dry climate may discourage mold growth as compared to other areas of the country, it's still an issue that requires prompt attention when noticed. Don't hesitate to call the professionals at the first sign of a mold infection.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – 303-576-6868
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - 303-576-6868
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Denver West is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2050 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: